At The Lawns Nursery School we develop the following core skills through our curriculum:
- A love of learning
- Building relationships
- Managing situations
- Teamwork and leadership.
At The Lawns Nursery School we believe that learning should:
- Provide opportunities for enjoyment and creativity
- Promote problem solving in imaginative ways
- Recognise that children learn in different ways and be flexible to their needs
- Promote independence in our learners
- Be a process in which children are active, reflective participants
- Acknowledge respect for each person and promote tolerance through celebrating diversity
- Be collaborative
- Involve our community.
These values provide the building blocks and support the current Government emphasis that key 'British Values' are taught in all UK schools.
The Government set out its definition of British Values in the 'Prevent Strategy' - values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.